Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

One crafty morning I did some sewing for my sister's wedding - The Tilda Wedding Collection

Actually it was multiple mornings, and afternoons and evenings, but I am finally finished the Tilda Wedding collection for my sister's wedding this weekend.


It consists of a quilted table runner (1/3 shown here), two flower girl jackets, two lace sashes with sparkles, two headbands and four alligator hair clips in case the flower girls (aged 2 and 3!) decide they do not want to hear headbands. All made using gorgeous Tilda cotton fabric.


The quilted table runner is 46.5" x 17.5". It is quilted using cotton batting and a stitch in the ditch design.


For the jackets I used an Amelie and Henri pattern. It is made from quilters weight cotton and lined in a co-ordinating cotton. It features ribbon ties and fabric covered buttons.

The sash that will go on the flower girl dresses is made from lace ribbon and features a pretty diamonte applique that I hand stitched on.


Lastly, I decided to give the flower girls two hair accessory choices. Given that one of the flower girls is my Mimsy it is highly likely that there will be somewhat of a costume change between the ceremony and reception and both options will be used.

Photos of these creations in action, as well as the cake stand I made a few weeks ago, will be posted next week. Have a lovely week and weekend - I know I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment