Thursday, 28 August 2014

33/52 and 34/52 and T.G.I.F.F!

I'm determined to get up to date with my sewing and blogging (oh and unpacking our new house, and my uni work, and market preparations - never a dull moment!). So, here is hopefully my last catch up on the 52 project and a few photos of my latest, finished, project.

The 52 Project: A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2014.
Linking up with Practicing Simplicity.

33/52
 Two peas in a pod, Little Man hanging out with his Grandad.

Miss Mims, Queen of the Castle.

34/52
 Such a handsome boy, he doesn't always smile with his mouth, but he does often smile with his eyes.

We seem to have hit the stage of needing to constantly dress up in costumes. Here: two bows from my lovely friend at Ana Ma Petit Tresor, and a ballerina dress. This outfit was tame - usually we have gumboots, a scarf, some necklaces and a beanie added into the mix. Yep, I am turning into that mum that allows their child to dress up with every dress up they can find, just to be able to leave the house.

Please tell me I'm not alone!?

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday
Linking up with Ms Midge

This one has been a little while coming. 

As part of one of my collections for Collaborate For A Cause (you can read about it here), my team offered a dolly blanket if the bidding reached a certain amount.

Unfortunately we did not initially reach the required bid to include a blanket, however, our lovely very generous winner asked us if she could increase her bid and include the blanket.

Our winner requested one with a ruffle around three edges.
As with the rest of the collaboration, the blanket is made using Tilda fabrics, including two of the fabrics featured in the collection.

 I made the ruffle with the help of this tutorial by Violet Craft on the Sew, Mama Sew blog. I used the Quick Turn Ruffle Edge technique, but extended the ruffle all the way around three sides (as opposed to two side on the blog).

While the front of the blanket was pieced using charm squares, the back is a solid piece of coordinating Tilda fabric.

This blanket has now been packaged up and posted, thus closing out Collaborate for a Cause for 2014. I'm so pleased to have been a part of raising $350 between my two collaborations, and $50,000 for the auction overall.

And hooray, completing this blanket, and this blog post, means ticking off two things from my list of things I'm working on!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the successful fundraiser -- that's fantastic! What a sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete