Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

The Wedding Collection

I blogged about some of the sewing I had been doing for my sister's wedding here.

Here it all is in action. Thanks to Tom and Dom Keating for the photographs.
Vintage Wedding

First up is the quilted table runner. Ok, so I probably should have taken a photo of the gift table that featured the table runner, but I hardly picked up my camera or phone for the whole day, and this photo of us getting ready is the only one I can find of it! The table is in the top left corner. Along with the table runner, it featured some vintage glassware, a vintage suitcase for people to place cards in, the guest book and vintage wedding photos of the bride and groom's parents and grandparents. It was a table of old world charm and once the middle table in this photo was tidied up it was a real feature in the room.

I just love the idea of the wedding photos of past generations. I even based my bridesmaid speech on them!

Vintage Wedding Flower girls
The flower girls looked stunning all dressed up. The headbands I made had just the right amount of sparkle and added to the art deco elements of the wedding theme. The embellished lace belt matched the details on the bride's and bridesmaids' dresses. All in all, they were both adorable.

Amelie and Henri Beatrice Cropped Jacket
 In the end it was quite a warm day, so the cropped jackets made only a brief appearance much later in the evening. I still love these jackets, made using Amelie and Henri Beatrice Cropped Jacket pattern. It is such a pretty little addition to gorgeous outfits.

Fresh Designs Vintie Overalls
A couple of days before the wedding I decided that I needed to make Ju Ju Man an outfit as well, so out came the pinstripe fabric I picked up earlier in the week from Rathdowne Fabrics and the very cute Vintie Overalls pattern by Fresh Designs. He looked utterly adorable! The Vintie Overalls are available through Lil Pip Designs (By the way, how pretty is my mum? She was mid talking, not pulling a duck face!)

Vintage wedding
And lastly, I had nothing to do with making anything in this photo. But I love it! Congratulations Tim and Elly on your marriage and stunning wedding day. We had the best time!





No comments:

Post a Comment