Pages

Thursday 28 August 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

A couple of weeks ago Amy from Ladybugs and Daisy Chains asked me to join in the Around the World Blog Hop. I said yes of course, and then promptly became more sick with this horrible cold that seems to also be travelling around the world and completely forgot.

So, in my very first attempt, and also very first fail at a blog hop, here are my answers!

What am I working on?
A whole heap of things!
  • I'm still working on my hexies made from the Kate Spain Aussie Charm Swap hosted by Ms Midge - I suspect this will continue to take me forever!


  • I'm finishing off a bonus dolly quilt that became part of my submission to our Collaborate for a Cause collection after the winning bidder bumped up her bid. The lovely winner has been ever so patient while I have been recovering.
  • I'm very exciting to be pattern testing for not just one person but two! Very exciting, more on that to come!
  • Market preparation for the Maribrynong Makers Market coming up on September 13th
  • A quilt for my son
  • And a number of blog posts that I have fallen behind on!
How does my work differ from others?
Like most other responses I have read to this question, I'm not too sure. But, I try to stay true to using bright happy colours, bold prints and where possible I try to use patterns by fellow Australian designers.

Why do I write/create what I do?
Mainly because I enjoy it. It's a bit of me time, it's a create outlet and I get a lot of satisfaction out of completing a project.
I also have three fabulous people in my life who encourage me in all that I do. 

How does my creating process work?
If I'm completely honest, I usually have an idea with very little time to actually achieve it. I usually store it away in my mind until I am able to get some clear time and then I have a huge burst of creativity and make a whole lot in one go.

I'm meant to be passing this along to someone else to complete, but like I said, this is my first attempt and first fail. I'm well over a week late in completing my answers and along with forgetting to post this, I also forgot to invite others to answer the questions. So, if you are reading this, and feel like playing along, please consider this your invitation!


No comments:

Post a Comment